Update: The comment period is over. Thank you to all who took action to prevent monkeys from being abducted from their homes and tormented in laboratories. As soon as we have information regarding the government of Mauritius’ decision, we’ll post an update.
Biosphere Trading, a notorious monkey breeder and laboratory supplier, is seeking to expand its cruel reach into the forests of Mauritius to capture monkeys and imprison them in its wretched facilities. The company recently applied to the Mauritian Economic Development Board for permission to expand its capacity from 800 monkeys to 6,500—that’s over an 800% increase.
Please leave a polite comment telling the Mauritian government that you oppose Biosphere Trading’s application to expand its shameful and cruel monkey trapping, breeding, and export business.? ?
In order to ensure that your comment is on the official record to be considered by the government, please follow these instructions carefully:
- Click here to go to the Mauritian Economic Development Board’s comment submission form.
- Enter your name and e-mail address, and check the box to verify that you aren’t a robot. Click the “Request Security Code” button, and a code will be sent to the e-mail address that you provided.
- Please check your e-mail and return to your browser to enter the security code and your message to the Mauritian government opposing Biosphere Trading’s application to expand its barbaric business. Please don’t skip this crucial step!
You’re welcome to use one of our suggestions below, but remember that putting the message into your own words will help draw attention to your comment.
- I oppose Biosphere Trading’s application to expand its cruel monkey business in Mauritius. Abducting animals from their homes and families in nature, forcing them to breed, keeping them imprisoned in barren cages, and sending them to certain torment and death is a bloody business that has no place in Mauritius or anywhere else in the world.
- Please reject Biosphere Trading’s application to trap monkeys in nature and to expand its facility to imprison 6,500 monkeys. The trade in monkeys for experimentation is a reprehensible and unethical industry and has no place in Mauritius or anywhere else in the world.
- Biosphere Trading wants to capture more monkeys in nature and expand its facility to keep 6,500 monkeys captive. These animals will be taken from their natural homes or forced to breed at Biosphere’s squalid facilities and will then be crammed into small wooden boxes, packed like luggage into the cargo holds of planes, and flown to certain torment and death in laboratories in the U.S. Monkeys deserve better—Mauritius should have no part in the cruel trade! I oppose Biosphere’s application, and so should you.
- Don’t let Mauritius become known for cruelty! Biosphere Trading’s application to expand its ability to abduct monkeys in nature and expand its monkey prison facilities should be rejected immediately. It sends thousands of these sensitive beings to laboratories, where they’re mutilated, poisoned, deprived of food and water, forcibly immobilized in restraint devices, infected with painful and deadly diseases, psychologically tormented, and killed. The Mauritian Economic Development Board should reject this application and take no part in facilitating this ethically reprehensible practice.